|The old part of the homestead was built by Thomas Archer in 1819.|
The estate gardeners cottage adjacent to the rose garden was restored in 1998. It is showing the effects of the weather which blows up from the Norfolk Plains.
The cottage fence runs into the hawthorn hedge which protects the rose garden from the weather. The buildings in the distance are the main house and servant cottages.Outside the cottage gate looking over the plain.
The Cookery Nook was where the bread was baked and is now guest accommodation.
The old part of the homestead was built by Thomas Archer in 1819.
This new addition was added in 1842. Thomas Archer v1 bequeathed the property to the Archer family trust in the 1990's as he did not marry. It is an interesting look at colonial Tasmanian life.The river glimpsed through the gates is the Macquarie.